Welcome to my blog, the story of my continuing journey into the World of Zombie Wargames.

Monday 20 March 2017

Brig

View from the pointy end
This is my attempt at creating a larger model, from the toy pirate ship, to represent a Brig.
|It's not as good as I hoped it would have turned out, but is still perfectly acceptable as a wargaming piece as far as I'm concerned.
It won't win any prizes for painting either, I think I must have painted over the hull half a dozen times as I couldn't quite get the effect I wanted.
In addition to the extra inserted piece of hull section, I also added a few hatches and a door, all made by my fiend Captain Jack.
Being top-heavy because of the masts would make the model usable, but once I added the six home-cast cannon (lead/tin mix) isn't not that bad and wights a lot more!
In the photographs I  think there are a dozen figures on board and whilst to me it looks busy, it doesn't look that crowded.
Broadside view.
Blunt end

Close-up view showing Captain Jack's hatches
View from the other side
Door - another Captain Jack addition
Another view of the pointy end (bored yet?)
Obligatory boring view from above
So, the model finished as far as  I'm concerned and with two down, there's only one to go, which should be finished in a fortnight or so; in the meantime I'm working on making some 'jungle' terrain, which I'll probably be posting about next week.

That's it then for this week, thanks for taking the time to look and I hope you found something of interest; as always your comments are both welcomed and appreciated.

22 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Ray, I really do appreciate this, but no need to go 'overboard' (did you see what I did there ? - I'll get my coat).

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks HW, as long as it looks the part, I'm happy enough.

      Delete
  3. Very nice ship Joe and I think the paintjob is spot-on.As always your work gives a lot of inspiration and I must say that I am way behind in my pirate-project (probably because of my children and all family-projects) but soon I will be back on track.Thankyou for posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ptr, it;s been a long time since you added to your own pirate project (which in turn had inspired me to get my own underway again). I'm still looking for a similar model to the one you used too.

      Delete
  4. Done in your own style I am positive it will be a joy on the table top! Already looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Clint, if I ever get the ships onto a table, I'll be happy enough.

      Delete
  5. Don't be so modest Joe, this is excellent work - again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dGG for the reassurance, but I've seen a lot better, but then again I'm happy enough with my efforts.

      Delete
  6. Well, Zab, you have "upped and done yourself proud!" I really do like your finished modeling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jay, even I#m happy enough with this one

      Delete
  7. Stunning work Joe, a real triumph!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael, I'm just pleased it's done and dusted (as far as I'm concerned).

      Delete
  8. It certainly looks the part; I'd really like to see this and the other ships in a battle :-) .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks C6, although the ship to ship game combat I've been planning is largely abstract, I'm still looking forward to seeing them on the table too.

      Delete
  9. I thought you'd do a good job on this Joe, and you certainly haven't let me down. Awesome stuff for a landlubber, just awesome :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Blax, I'm certainly all at sea when it comes to boats.

      Delete
  10. Great looking brig, seems about right, the density of figures and guns and the overall impression is spot on!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain. all my crews will be fairly low desity.

      Delete